As a whole; the individual posts will address much of what I cover when I talk in person with a client about their options for tires. Of course; that exchange is much more conversational and often less exhaustive because we can assess needs and narrow down the options in a hurry. Here we don't have that luxury. But; check it out - skim the sections that don't apply to your situation - and enjoy the rest.
- Choosing the Right Road Tire - Simplifying the myriad options into categories and addressing their unique qualities and characteristics to hope to bring some clarity to the chaos!
- The Truth about Tire Pressure - Because it's not as simple as just pumping your tires up to the maximum pressure on the sidewall. (And why more is rarely better...)
- Fascinating Tire Test Results - Some surprises and some confirmations. Putting some data behind the speculation.
- Worn Tires and Flatting - Sudden chronic flatting can be caused by excessive tire wear. A quick photo guide to the most common types (all seen on one summer Saturday in the shop...)
- Tubeless Cyclocross Tire Tips - A "guest post" with some great helps on setting up wheels to run tubeless for cyclocross season.
Got any lingering questions? Something you'd like to see covered in detail? Leave your idea in the comments and it may become the next in the series!