However, for the most part the hardest thing about properly maintaining your bicycle for long life is just being diligent about doing it. It gets exponentially harder when you neglect it - only demanding more time for cleaning, lubrication, and adjustments. I hope the following posts will give you the guide and motivation you need to be on your way to a smoother, cleaner, longer-lasting bicycle and a more enjoyable ride.
Have a question? Want me to cover another topic or think I left something out? Leave a comment!
- Pre-ride Checkover - Steps to a safer, smoother, more trouble free ride
- Post-ride Checkover - Quick steps to keep your bike happier, longer
- Bike Mistakes Part 2: Chain and Gears - How to care for your drivetrain for longer life
- Bike Mistakes Part 2.5: Chain Lubrication - The #1 thing you should be doing and the right ways to do it
- Basic Home Tools You Need - What tools should you have at home to save money and keep your bike out of the shop between tune-ups