Friday, February 22, 2013

Don Walker and the State of the Industry

I was reading Velonews' interview with Don Walker (founder of the National Handmade Bike Show - NAHBS) this morning and this was too good not to share:
VeloNews: What’s the modern generation of cyclists missing? 
Don Walker: What are they missing? I think they’re missing the point. Let me explain. They keep on thinking that lighter equals better. And that’s not always the case. A light bike can ride like ****. As Roland Della Santa says, somebody asks how much one of your bikes weighs. And he says, “well, what are you going to do? Are you going to weigh it or are you going to ride it?” So many people are just missing the point.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with Don Walker on this point: "Lighter doesn't mean better!" I wanted to ride a folding bike because it would make my commute easier. Normally folding bikes are smaller but not always better. I finally decided to get a Montague because it's an all around better bike that also folds.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

All content - except where otherwise noted - copyright 2006 - 2013 Matthew Magee. Do not use without permission.

Google Analytics