Saturday, September 20, 2008

Shimano R-300 Shoes - Update 2.0

Just thought I'd post another conversation I've had regarding the R300 shoes for those who might be interested... This string of comments appeared on my first update on the shoes

Anonymous Dan said...
Who fit your shoe for you?
Dan
September 20, 2008 8:44 AM
Blogger Matt Magee said...
Dan-

I was originally fitted for R300 shoes by Than White, a Shimano Technical Representative at my old bike shop in Tennessee. After that fitting, I received my personal shoes and had one of the other trained fitters (besides myself) at the old store do the molding.

Since then, I now have a pair of M300 (the mountain version) shoes which I have molded myself; and have also done a second molding on my R300's myself - as I am testing out some Specialized forefoot wedges in both pair of shoes.

Look for a review on the M300 shoes soon!
September 20, 2008 9:42 AM
Shimano claims that the shoes can be molded 3 times and have stated that a second molding is sometimes a way to improve on the fit of the shoe after some use. I can say that my R300's do fit a little more closely and offer even more stability after the second molding.

I've gotten one good hard ride on my cyclocross bike in on the M300's and will publish a review once I can get a few more hours in on them. So far though, I'm quite impressed.

Thanks for reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

All content - except where otherwise noted - copyright 2006 - 2013 Matthew Magee. Do not use without permission.

Google Analytics